Saturday, October 23, 2010

John Telford










































This is John Telford, he is one of my current teachers at BYU. He has been such an amazing influence, not only in my photographic education, style, and philosophy. But more importantly he has really helped me stay grounded in who I am not only as a photographer but as a LDS artist expressing what we stand for through the photographic medium. As those who follow my blog know,I went on a moth long road trip/ study abroad this spring . John is one of the two professors that went with us, and we had a BLAST! This maybe one of the last trips he will do as he will be retiring within the next year which is a sad day for the Brigham Young Photo department, He has been teaching here for over 20 years! yes, he taught my high school photography teacher.

I think I can safety say the following is on behalf of your students during your tenure.

Thank you! You leave behind you a legacy, not simply of students but of hard working highly contributing members to the photographic industry. Your impact will be felt far and wide for decades to come. I have learned and gained so much from our friendship, We hope we can live up to the standard you have given us!

No comments: